Zion United Methodist Church began in May 1843 as a designated preaching appointment of the East Pennsylvania Conference of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ. Through a series of denominational unions which established the Evangelical United Brethren Church in November 1946, and the United Methodist Church in April 1968, the church presently is an incorporate member church of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the
United Methodist Church.
Zion Church was started under the leadership of Rev. Samuel Enterline. In the spring of 1843 a service was conducted at the corner of Main and Railroad Streets. An invitation was given by Mr. John Daniel to have Rev. Enterline preach at his home on Sunday April 25, 1843, and ever since then, April 25 has been recognized as Anniversary Day.
A new brick church was constructed in 1869 and the first worship service was held in the present church
June 17, 1973.
Zion has been blessed with many people who have contributed to the life and leadership, and the work and ministry of the church in vast and varied ways.
It is to the glory of God, to the praise and honor of His Son Jesus Christ, and with deep gratitude for the leadership of the Holy Spirit that are able to worship in this beautiful church.